Gift giving is fun, joyful, selfless, and shows we care. It brings some anticipation and excitement, too: will they like what I picked out? We hope the list of experiential gift ideas below will help you give a personal, unique, and fun gift to your friends and family that won’t break the bank, regardless of where you live.
Remember, anything below can be either a skill or hobby that you have and can share, or someone else’s that’s offered via a lesson or class. Happy browsing!
- art (drawing, glass blowing, painting, photography, pottery, etc.), dance, dog training, food (baking, bartending, canning, cooking, home brew, etc.), floral design, gaming (board/video), jewelry making, interior design, language, letterpress, music (guitar, piano, vocal, etc.), organizing, repair work, textiles (cross stitch, crochet, knitting, sewing, etc.), writing/journaling, yoga/meditation, woodworking/carpentry
- backpacking/hiking, biking (city/mountain), camping, caving, fishing, gardening, geocaching, hang gliding, horseback riding, identification (birds, trees, wildflowers, etc.), landscaping, rock climbing, scavenger hunt, skydiving, sledding, sports (basketball, bocce, golf, ice skating, skiing, snowboarding, tennis, etc.), water activities (canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding, rafting, sailing, surfing, etc.), ziplining
Entry Passes/ Memberships
- aquarium, campground, charity race, dance club, gym, museum, park, pool, rec center, spa, travel club, zoo
Event Tickets/ Gift Cards
- art gallery, comedy show, concert, festivals/shows (art, car, dog, home, boat, music, etc.), lecture series, movie, opera, play, restaurant, sporting event
- car sharing, informational interview, massage/bodywork, personal training, photography session, resume help
- agriculture farm (apple, berry, corn maze, pumpkin, wine, etc.), architecture, city, food (local, ethnic, etc.), historical, naturalist (birding, waterfalls, wildflower, wildlife viewing, etc.), railroad, travel points or miles
Find additional ideas on our Pinterest board or share your ideas on our Facebook page.