New Dream empowers individuals, communities, and organizations to transform the ways they consume to improve well-being for people and the planet.
We seek the expertise of young leaders in North America ages 12-25 to help guide and improve our work.
- Opinionated about how the world works, and how it impacts your future
- Passionate about and involved in communities you belong to
- Concerned and hopeful that your effort and your generation can make positive change
- Someone who believes that there are solutions to the problems we face
- Open to listening to other perspectives and sharing in productive dialogue
- Committed to equity, social justice, and amplifying voices that often go unheard
Participation in the Youth Council includes:
- providing feedback on potential tools or resources for youth, to let us know if they are something you would use, and/or how to improve them (e.g., a guide to sharing, a back to school checklist, a toolkit to start or promote a school recycling program, etc.)
- the willingness to test or pilot tools or resources, and provide results
- occasional video calls with other youth leaders and New Dream staff to share more about the challenges you experience as you work toward a "less stuff, more meaning" way of living
- promotion of New Dream’s youth-centered tools and resources (e.g,. via social media channels, or within your school, church, youth group, etc.).
Thank you in advance for your wisdom and support!
Thank you for your interest in being part of New Dream’s Youth Advisory Council!
We will accept applications through July and follow up in August.